Monday, November 28, 2011

Who's Your Daddy?

There's a thousand things I could say about my Dad. But in true Danielle-ian fashion, I've decided to honor my dear patriarch, I've decided to write it out in poetic form:






An Ode to My Father


My dad is a peach,

my dad is a king,

We talk about any and ev'rything!


He checks on me at night

even though I'm far away

and sends me stuff

though it isn't my birthday


He knows quite a lot,
and he never forgets;

He's up to date on

Lawrence Welk's greatest hits!


Bus drivers love him;

he knows them all by name.

He's a very proud father of

Five tiny dames.


He loves little Earnie,

my Mom's tiny pup.

and when Morning Moo is gone,

He mixes more up!


When his son left for a mission

he couldn't help but smile;

he pounced on unsuspecting missionaries

in the produce aisle.



He speaks with great flair,


has a stentorian voice.


He loves jazzy show tunes


and really hates noise.



Ebenezer is his hero,


of Oscar he's a fan


but we all know he's a softie;


He's a very gentle sort of man.



He's a friendly neighbor,


takes a strong political stance.


He makes himself memorable


by wearing highwater pants.



He knows Church History


from beginning to end,


but most importantly,


My Dad is my friend.



Happy Birthday, DAID!

















4 comments: